How you leave the reader at the end of your post can have a huge effect on whether they will engage with you or not, how they feel about what they just read, what they will do next, or even if they will return. It’s a great time to deepen the relationship with your audience, be useful, and provide a lasting impression.
In today’s episode of the ProBlogger podcast, I talk about eight ways you can create this kind of environment for readers who stop by your blog, but recommend you only pick one per post! It’s easy to get carried away but less is more, in this case.
You can listen here, or over with the shownotes of episode 56.
Listen out for:
- how to effectively sum up your main points
- tips to get more comments on each post
- the one thing you can do that really works for shares
- the value of related links
- what to do after you’ve written a particularly helpful post
- examples of incentives you can provide for people to subscribe
- 5 Basics to Having Your Post go Viral
- ProBlogger FAQ: How Long Should Posts Be?
- Extend Your Ideas With Future Blog Posts
- How to Socialize Your Posts for Maximum Effect
- Write Posts that Hold Readers to the End, Part 1