There is an incredible opportunity for bloggers that will help improve the quality of their content, serve their readers better, and potentially help their blog rank higher in search engines – and not everybody is making use of it!
While as a judge in a recent blogging competition, I was asked to consider the quality of 20 social media blogs, and what stood out to me was how dynamic content could be when it is embedded. Such a simple tactic, but so incredibly effective!
It also spoke volumes that by the time the scores were revealed, the top 10 blogs chosen almost all used embeddable content.
Recently I spoke at a conference in Sydney and shared some tips on how to take blog content to the next level, and I was full of all the ideas I’d just seen those amazing blogs put out. As I prepared my talk I focused quite a bit on how bloggers can use embeddable content in their blog posts, and came up with 17 ideas to choose from – by no means definitive, but a good starting point!
I share those ideas in today’s episode of the ProBlogger Podcast.
Apart from the instances I mentioned earlier about dynamic content, higher search ranking, and serving your readers better, embeddable content is incredibly helpful for:
- Increasing the usefulness of your content
- Making your content more appealing to different learning styles and personalities
- Showing your readers you’re willing to go to the extra mile to bring them great content
- Adding other voices, opinions and experience to your blog
- Increasing time on page and reducing bounce rate
Before you hit publish:
Brainstorm some ways you could lift your content with embeds.
- What could you create or curate that you could add to your post that would add value?
- Ensure it’s quality and not just there for the sake of having embedded content
- Don’t overdo it – a couple is fine
- Think about what would enhance the topic.
You can find the show notes for today’s episode here. Do you use embedded content on your blog?
- 9 Composition Techniques to Use to Improve Your Photography – Digital Photography School
- Top 10 Social Media Blogs: The 2016 Winners! – Social Media Examiner
- 12 Incredibly Useful Video Tips to Take Better Videos – Peg Fitzpatrick
- How Embedded Social News Grew My Content, Traffic, and Engagement, and Saves Me Time [Case Study]
- A Quick way to Get More Facebook Likes for Your Facebook Page
The post How To Lift the Quality of Your Blog Posts with Embeddable Content appeared first on ProBlogger.