30 SEO Interview Questions Internet Marketers Should Be Prepared to Answer was originally published on BruceClay.com, home of expert search engine optimization tips.
When it comes to an SEO interview, questions can range from anything from the tools you use to the latest algorithm updates. In order to help you best prepare for an upcoming SEO interview, I compiled the following 30 SEO interview questions that Bruce Clay asks prospective analysts.
30 SEO Interview Questions
- What makes a website search friendly?
- How do you define success when it comes to SEO?
- How do you stay updated on industry news and algorithm changes?
- What programming languages do you have experience with?
- Regarding your previous SEO job, what did an average day look like?
- How do you adapt to the needs of different clients?
- How often do you communicate with clients?
- How did you learn SEO?
- How do you approach keyword research?
- What is the relationship between SEO, SEM and social media marketing?
- What SEO tools do you regularly use?
- How do you stay organized when working on an SEO project?
- Who are Gary Illyes and John Mueller?
- What is your favorite website and why?
- What is your opinion on proper link building?
- How have you dealt with link penalties?
- What’s the ideal speed for a site to load a web page?
- What method do you use to redirect a page?
- What are your thoughts on accelerated mobile pages (AMP)?
- What is your process for helping a local business become more visible in search results?
- Are you aware of the latest changes to Google and the latest updates to Panda and Penguin?
- How has Hummingbird changed the landscape of search?
- What is Google’s preferred method of configuring a mobile site?
- What do you know about content building and content marketing?
- What has been your experience getting content featured in answer boxes?
- How have you utilized structured data to earn featured snippets?
- What are the three possible configurations for a mobile site? Which do you prefer and why?
- What’s your greatest digital marketing success story?
- How do you stay up-to-date on the near-constant search algorithm changes?
- What metrics do you use to measure SEO success?
Whether you’re applying to Bruce Clay, Inc. or apply to one of the other hundreds of jobs in the SEO industry, we wish luck in finding the right fit and hope these SEO interview questions give you a competitive edge!
Have you been asked other SEO interview questions? Share them in the comments!